put new hard drive in laptop when powering up screen says no bootable drivers?

capskip

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
i then tried my windows 7 disk and when asked click on c or d they are not found.What am i doing wrong please help.

it says no bootable "drivers" or "drives"? Go into your BIOS, and see if the drives are recognized at all. Are you sure the hard drives you have picked out are compatible with your computer? For example, on some older motherboards you can actually use a solid state drive but if you get one of a very large size sometimes the mobo cannot recognize it. Some older mobos were not designed with every hard drive you can use today in mind.

How? Unless you had adapters, notebook drives use a slightly different connection.

You cannot take a storage drive with Windows installed from one system and install the drive to another system without reinstalling Windows unless both computers the drive is moving between are identical.

Matthew Magee

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Since I am using a laptop as my main computer at this point, I cannot install any drivers to even recognize my laptop's motherboard, therefore cannot get any OS on the hard-drive.