Q about Eraser

asusfan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I've been using Eraser for a long time and I was wondering if anyone can help me:

http://eraser.heidi.ie/

My question is regarding making a short cut equaling the right click erase file command.

For example, I have started using one of those classic style menu and folder softwares on Windows 8 (since the new menu is so different) and I have been making short cut icons in the explorer menu (delete, cut, copy and such) I can also make custom short cuts to run programs and instead of right-clicking files and then clicking eraser/erase to shred the file (or adding tasks), I would like to have an icon in the explorer menu where I can highlight the file(s) and then click the icon and have it erased without the need of the right click menu.

The short cut requires 1 or more of the following:

Command
Link
Label
Tip
Icon

Can anyone please tell me the appropriate info. Just to reiterate, I want to left click the file(s) that I want to erase to highlight it and then left click the short cut icon without the right click, as we normally need to do.

Solution
You can't do what you want, if I'm reading this right.

As soon as you click on the second link you lose focus on the first file, so how will the program even know what file you wanted to delete. It's just as easy to do it with a right-click, same amount of clicks and less mouse moving.

You maybe can drag the file you want deleted to a shortcut to the eraser program, that should do it.
You can't do what you want, if I'm reading this right.

As soon as you click on the second link you lose focus on the first file, so how will the program even know what file you wanted to delete. It's just as easy to do it with a right-click, same amount of clicks and less mouse moving.

You maybe can drag the file you want deleted to a shortcut to the eraser program, that should do it.

Solution

asusfan

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
The way I am thinking, if I highlight the file(s) and click cut/delete cut/paste into a folder or most other commands on the toolbar, the commands do work. It may or may not work but if anyone knows the correct eraser shred cmd I'd appreciate it.