Q4 Amazon Kindle Sales are in the Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3k

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
It is little wonder that Kindle is popular. Amazon's Kindle has a surface that reads and feels much more like real paper, which is actually far more comfortable to extended and lengthy reading. It's something that many people don't realize how big of a difference it makes until they have used it, which may explain the loyalty of Kindle owners.

I guess that is a point that is not as easy to come across to most people when they consider different options, but Kindle is truly more well designed for human physiology and less about the cool factor. Amazon has done well for its focus on the human aspect of it.

On the note about Amazon, ConsumerWorld.org recently showcased a place where you get direct links to some pretty cool discounts on Amazon.

It is at http://www.uberi.com/

Maybe someone will find it useful too. While you are there, I would suggest checking out the "Amazon Filler Item" among other things there when you get a chance. It's quite amusing.

squanto

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
I contributed to that number and was able to "find" all my textbooks online which has saved me about 300 dollars. Plus it reads pdfs .doc .docx html ect. Ok now it seems like I am advertising.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]squanto[/nom]I contributed to that number and was able to "find" all my textbooks online which has saved me about 300 dollars.[/citation]

What a happy accident!

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Definately won't be buying one after they withdrew support for Wikileaks. After all who gives a crap about the niceness of the machine you are reading on if all the news is censored crap drip fed to us by our corrupt governments.

(I know that sounds harsh but it's nothing compared to what this poor Assange bloke is going through in solitary confinement without even a charge)

richarduk

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Got one for my sister's xmas present. Was very impressed. She's an english student, so having all her books etc on this small device is perfect for her. The screen is what makes it so good.

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
The Kindle sounds great and all, but with its proprietary format you can't read books from the library on it, so if I had money to throw around I'd throw it to the Nook.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Love my Kindle (had it about 14 months) and I reckon I've sold a half dozen to other people just carrying it around with me to different events. Amazon should be sending me a check...sometime...
It would be nice if it were a little more file friendly, but you can't have everything in life...

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
It is not only e-ink that makes Kindle so good. The software around it is also very functional. Ability to search the book, make notes (it copies for you all the notes into separate file), dictionary, adjusting font size, etc... Kindle is BETTER than paper book!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Sony makes better readers, doesn't bind you to amazon store and even allows you to borrow ebooks from public libraries. They are a few dosen bucks more expensive though.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]guruofchem[/nom].It would be nice if it were a little more file friendly, but you can't have everything in life...[/citation]
There are readers that are "file friendly" out there and with the same pearl screen (made by PVI)

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Was over on slashdot reading how they are ripping out tons of erotic ebooks because they deal with the adult-incest topic. Now, that isn't my thing, but it is an indicator of how the system could be potentially abused if the company were willing to give into government (or corporate) censorship. We all would reject "firemen" a la 451 Fahrenheit style - but what if they were virtual "firemen", deleting your books from the digital repository of mankind? Would anyone notice or care, especially if it was done in the guise of "unacceptable" content. (This book is anti-government, or anti-religious, or considered indecent in some communities, or might be offensive to some readers and thus will be deleted from our libraries... and yours!)

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I've had one for 2 years already. My sister just won one at work, and my dad is looking to get one for my mom. Yeah, I'd say they're popular. The new lower prices sure help.

Status
Not open for further replies.