QuakeCon: Rage Coming to iPhone, Seven More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
If this doesn't show John Carmack's weird love for iPhone then I don't know what will.

He is a great game producer/coder, but that doesn't make him the know-it-all of the industry. The iPhone is a nice thing to take out of your pocket to play Track n Field with your friends on the train, but it will NEVER be a serious gaming machine.

WE NEED OUR BUTTONS, JOHN!

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Days are numbered??? I thought the same thing as zerapio... Why do many believe the event's days are numbered? Well, other than the fact that the days of the event are actually numbered, both on a calendar and limited to the 4-5 days most people participate in it... When will we completely tire of meeting new people amongst the guise of playing games wrapped within the guise of business marketing BS...?

joshthor

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
[citation][nom]Zoonie[/nom]If this doesn't show John Carmack's weird love for iPhone then I don't know what will.He is a great game producer/coder, but that doesn't make him the know-it-all of the industry. The iPhone is a nice thing to take out of your pocket to play Track n Field with your friends on the train, but it will NEVER be a serious gaming machine.WE NEED OUR BUTTONS, JOHN![/citation]

meh. there is a reason why its good to choose an iphone as a platform. no one wants to grab thier cell phone, mp3, camera, AND ds/ps3 when they are taking the bus or carpool to school or work. they wanna grab a freakin iphone and leave. sure, it sounds like a commercial but handheld consoles arent serious gaming machines anyway. they are crap systems with even worse games. they are there to kill the time in transit.

yadz

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]downer88[/nom]So they can put id-Tech 5 on a phone, but not PS3?[/citation]
apparently yes, instead of being interested in a serious gaming console, they're interested in some exploding Phone, well goodluck.

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
His didnt explode yet.

Just wait until his igarbage explode in his hands, then he will "finally" realized that iGarbage is ... yeah, garbage.

fuser

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
The iPhone doesn't have the necessary controls to be a decent gaming device. Just because Carmack is infatuated with the platform doesn't mean anything.

I don't want to have to tilt my game system to strafe ... oh wait, you can't strafe because you're stuck on rails.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Enough already id Software! You've ported enough to that damn iPhone. Get serious now and finish some new stuff. Get your damn race car out, Rage then get working on Doom 4. This time give us some nice large areas to fight in and Duct Tape.
Since you have been bought up and are owed by the same publisher as Bethesda you may want to take a look at Bethesda, they are ruling over you with both Oblivion and Fallout 3, both great games on all three platforms, PC, PS3 and the 360. So pull your heads out id and get back to what made you famous.

Status
Not open for further replies.