Qualcomm Sets Gaming Challenge to Break World Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Finally a job where I can sit on my ass and play video games all day. Seriously if they let me do this I will surely win.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]But tablet gaming gets old after just one hour. Props to those who can last for the whole 26 hours.[/citation]
I can go 15 minutes.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]phatboe[/nom]Finally a job where I can sit on my ass and play video games all day. Seriously if they let me do this I will surely win.[/citation]

You are not the only nerd out there. There are millions. And many of them do not write about shit in forums, they play to win! So I bet, you are surely to lose!

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]sixdegree[/nom]But tablet gaming gets old after just one hour. Props to those who can last for the whole 26 hours.[/citation]

Tablets have nothing to do with games being stupid. There are many highly praised AAA titles that I could not stand to play more than an hour and never to try again.

Games like Skyrim are pure crap but people still play them and praise them them. And Skyrim doesn't have a long gameplay. It just wastes most of your game time forcing you to walk around, basically doing nothing. While super simple games like Tetris or even Mario are pure gameplay - you don't rest for a second.

The problem with touchscreen games is that developers don't understand how to properly utilize the technology and they try to imitate consoles and PC gameplay. I bet that tablet gaming could be equal in quality to consoles' and PCs'

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]zingam_duo[/nom]You are not the only nerd out there. There are millions. And many of them do not write about shit in forums, they play to win! So I bet, you are surely to lose![/citation]
And clearly, you're sure to lose too.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Not sure if this is an article for actual gamers...

I could sit and play for days if it earned me something worth the time... however it's very unlikely I'd be entertained on 99% of what tablets have to offer.

warbler boy

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Gaming on a tablet is generally not great but driving games are an exception. The tablet is the steering wheel. Tablets are ideally suited to these games and I love playing Need for Speed on my TouchPad more than Dirt 3 on my PC

G

So where do you get that this is closed to permanent California residents?

From the web page:

"So there is a catch, to be eligible you must be a California resident, at least 18 years of age, able to attend the Semi-Finalist event in Los Angeles on the evening of Tuesday, May 22 and also able to attend the Snapdragon Gaming World Record Challenge at E3 from 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 5 through to 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 6."

Looks to me like only California residents over the age of 18 are allowed. Methinks the author needs a little reading comprehension training.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
More like 10-20 mins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.