Question about Acronic True Image Home 2012

dragonborn1337

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
In Acronis True Image Home 2012, can I incrementally backup a _partitioned_ hard drive to an image? I am asking this because I read this review on Amazon:

I have purchase and used Acronis True Image for a few years now. I recently upgraded from the 2010 edition and was very disappointed to find that they now don't allow you to backup your harddrive if it has been partitioned. So, if you happen to have a machine where the manufacturer has allocated some of your harddrive for a restore, it considers this a dynamic disk and want an additional amount of money to do the backup. Very disappointed considering there are other companies that give you more for less cost and the only reason I stuck with Acronis is due to my past versions already backed up using there product. I WILL NOT BE UPGRADING WITH THEM AGAIN! It really is sad because it has been a good product, too bad they have gotten greedy.

If this is the case, then what backup software do you recommend that can incrementally backup a partitioned hard drive to an _image_, so that all my programs etc. can be restored.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
I think that user hasn't explored the UI as the interface has changed. You can indeed backup partitions or whole drives and you can do incementals on it. it would be a worthless backup software if it couldn't do partition backups.

dragonborn1337

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

Thanks. Also will it back up as an image file, so that I can restore files as well as programs?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

dragonborn1337

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012

Sorry I think you misunderstood my question. When Acronis images my partitions, are they incremental, or is incremental backup only for simple file backup?