question about dual turion

t3chb0y

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
I asked an AMD Representative at the CES 2006 the same question..

He said that Q2 will be the release date but I'm not sure if that had been delayed due to problems in the AM2 archietcure ...

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Our AMD rep says July, which in real life mean Q3.

KillerNotebooks.com

logo_white_mirrored.jpg

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
awwww are u serious. i looked at a roadmap, said march.
that limits me to only the intel core duo...yay...!

Mech

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
do you think major computer brands like HP and Acer will have laptops loaded with Turion Dual by the end of August?? Or rather, if the Turion Dual does come out according to schedule in July, when will you be able to build laptops with those?
Also, from what I've read in your other post, you mentioned that you can build any system that we so desire, but the Acer holds exclusive rights to its Ferrari and therefore you can't really tamper with it. Does that mean you can't use the Ferrari case? If so, how do you choose which case to use for your laptop? Or are the cases customer-specific as well?

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I do not know.

I do know my ODM says that AMD has not even sent out a architecture overview to them yet so they can not even begin to engineer a system.
I would say that since DELL and HP and COMPAQ all get their computers from ODM's that this isn't an isolated thing.

I assume that since AMD is talking about moving to DDR2 memory and possibly changing the slot configuration that this has something to do with the delay.

As the release gets closer AMD should release more of the spec's necessary for the computer manufacturers to have their boxes out. The launch won't be very sucessful if they don't have anything to put them in. I should be able to have a system out as soon or sooner than HP, Compaq etc. I had my Turion system out a couple months before the mainstream players flooded the market with them.

I am completely speculating here so if someone knows something different please enlighten me.

KillerNotebooks.com

logo_orig_black.jpg

adreen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
well i'm getting a lappy in the month of march, so unless dual turion comes out or u get one of them sexy x1600 notebooks, it's gonna be intel duo

HardWareBoss

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
do you think major computer brands like HP and Acer will have laptops loaded with Turion Dual by the end of August?? Or rather, if the Turion Dual does come out according to schedule in July, when will you be able to build laptops with those?
Also, from what I've read in your other post, you mentioned that you can build any system that we so desire, but the Acer holds exclusive rights to its Ferrari and therefore you can't really tamper with it. Does that mean you can't use the Ferrari case? If so, how do you choose which case to use for your laptop? Or are the cases customer-specific as well?
HP should. I bought my Turion Compaq last July.

Mech

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Yeah...HP is always pretty quick to follow with the new releases, and that's good since they utilizes the new technologies rather well AND they're quite affordable.
If they make an HP with the Turion Dual alongside ATI Radeon X1600, I'm SO GETTING IT lol. 8) 8)