Question about iphone..

ahm12

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Hi,
if i buy a iphone through ebay which is locked on att network, can i use it on my normal att sim card that i have without the data plan ?? because i dont want the data plan , if i want to use the internet i can use the wifi.. ???

Solution
Yeah it'll all work out fine. I have an iPhone 3G without a data plan and everything works fine. I actually blocked the 3G network by request so I wouldn't wonder off and waste money connecting to it without a plan.

As to some function not working, everything works well. You just can't do stuff that needs internet without WIFI.

garry__

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Yeah it'll all work out fine. I have an iPhone 3G without a data plan and everything works fine. I actually blocked the 3G network by request so I wouldn't wonder off and waste money connecting to it without a plan.

As to some function not working, everything works well. You just can't do stuff that needs internet without WIFI.

Solution

garry__

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010

Didn't see your message. I'm on FIDO here in Canada but all I had to do was ask them when I bought my phone. If you are interested in blocking the network just call up
AT&T and see if they can do that for you.