Question about studio headphones for PC

user55009

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Hello! I play a lot of PC games, listen to music, and do plenty of other things that require me listening to audio. I have a steelseries arctis 7 wireless headset, and while I like them (especially the wireless factor and built-in mic), I can't help but think that there is a way better headphone option out there that will blow these out of the water. I have been looking at different options, and am considering the beyerdynamic DT770 pro with 250 ohm impedance. The situation I face is that I know nothing of high-end headphones, so I need some advice.

The motherboard on my PC is an MSI Z97G45 gaming motherboard, which has the following as one of the specs:

"The built-in headphone amplifier allows you to use studio-grade headgear and get the most amazing sound quality out of your gaming PC.
Studio level Integrated 600Ω Headphone amplifier
Golden audio jacks for pure audio signals
EMI shielded audio codec
High quality audio capacitors"

Would I need to purchase anything aside from the headphones for them to work optimally on my computer? Would I be better off getting the 80 ohm version? What can I expect in terms of sound differences switching to a pair of headphones like those?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you in advance!