Question Questions about Bose QuietComfort headphones audio (Wired and Wireless)

MasterYoda327

Estimable
Feb 2, 2021
My questions are mostly about the performance and quality of the audio on my Bose QuietComfort headphones in both wired and wireless modes. I am not very familiar with all the technical aspects and capabilities of headphones in general. I recently did some experimenting with my Bose headphones using the Bose product tips from the Bose Music app before factory resetting them and reconnecting them wirelessly to my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra if it helps with my questions) and connecting them wirelessly for the first time to my MP3 player (Sony NW-A55). I also factory reset the Bose Music app on my smartphone after the experimentations. Correct me if I am wrong, but I assume that if I make any audio adjustments to the Bose Music app, then the audio adjustments would automatically be sent to and played out from my Bose headphones in wireless mode. If that is the case, here are my following questions:

1. Does the Bose Music app work with my Bose headphones in wired mode? If yes, do the app audio adjustments also affect the sound quality and properties of my headphones?
2. While using the Bose Music app in wireless mode with my Bose headphones, do the audio settings in the Bose Music app still impact the sound quality and performance of my headphones when using other apps such as Spotify, YouTube, YouTube Music, Disney Plus, or Netflix? Does it make a difference if my Bose Music app is open or closed?
3. If I listen to music on my Bose headphones wirelessly on a different device such as an MP3 player, would the audio settings I applied to my Bose music app on my smartphone impact the sound quality on the headphones while listening to the mp3 player, even if both my smartphone and mp3 player are wirelessly connected to the headphones at the same time or the Bose Music app is open or closed or my smartphone is turned off?
4. This question may be similar to question 1, but would the Bose Music app on my smartphone impact the sound quality of my Bose headphones if I am listening to music or audio using a wired connection between the smartphone and headphones? Does it also matter if the Bose Music app is open or closed?
5. If I listen to music on my MP3 player using a wired connection between the MP3 player and my Bose headphones, would the Bose Music app from my smartphone impact the sound quality of my headphones regardless of whether my Bose Music app is open or closed or my smartphone is turned on or off?
6. Would I be correct in understanding that factory resetting the Bose Quiet Comfort headphones only clears all devices registered with the headphones (e.g. smartphone, MP3 player, or smart TV) and, if applicable, certain forms of audio problems on the headphones, while factory resetting the Bose Music app resets all custom audio and related settings back to their default settings and removes paired devices?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: