Question Questions About Transferring Android Apps, Profiles, and Settings from One Android Phone to Another

MasterYoda327

Estimable
Feb 2, 2021
I have some questions about transferring my Android profile, apps, and settings from one Android phone to another. I have used Samsung Galaxy Android phones ranging from the Galaxy S5 to my current Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Each time I replaced my phone, I started completely fresh with the new phone. I understand that if I wish, I could transfer my Android profile, apps, and settings from one Android phone to another such as when replacing a faulty phone with a new one or when upgrading from an older model phone to a newer model. I am considering going this route when I replace my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G in the future, but I have a couple of questions:

1. During the transfer process, in addition to my Android profile, apps, and settings, would my device settings also be transferred over from the older model phone to the newer model phone?
  2. Based on your knowledge and past experiences, if device settings can be transferred between Android phones, would this work when transferring between identical phones (e.g., between two Samsung Galaxy S21s), transferring between two different phone models of the same brand (e.g., between Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S21), or between two different brands of Android phones (e.g., transferring from Samsung Galaxy 21 to a Google Pixel 6 or vice versa)?

Thanks in advance.