Quick Look: iPhone 4 Hands On

Status
Not open for further replies.

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
How is it a leap forward, exactly? No matter how fast or sleek-looking it is, it loses signal when you hold it (perhaps because the metal exterior serves as antenna?) and could stop working / friggin' break(!!!!!!!) when you drop it............

You want an iPhone? Get a 3GS, nothing wrong with it.

Tomsguiderachel

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
[citation][nom]doron[/nom]How is it a leap forward, exactly? No matter how fast or sleek-looking it is, it loses signal when you hold it (perhaps because the metal exterior serves as antenna?) and could stop working / friggin' break(!!!!!!!) when you drop it............You want an iPhone? Get a 3GS, nothing wrong with it.[/citation]
The metal exterior does not serve as the antenna, it merely affects the antenna in some cases (soon we will be getting numbers about what % of people experience this signal reduction and why). I agree with you that it is a valid concern for people considering making this purchase.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I'll keep my Nokia N900, until I see a phone that can X11 forward apps from my Desktop with either OpenGL, or an OpenGL wrapper.

dinho

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
The iphone 3gs can record video, was one of the new features and the quality isn't bad, but i think the iphone 4 gave step up.

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomsguiderachel[/nom]The metal exterior does not serve as the antenna, it merely affects the antenna in some cases (soon we will be getting numbers about what % of people experience this signal reduction and why). I agree with you that it is a valid concern for people considering making this purchase.[/citation]

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-4-reception-bumpers-iphone4-iphone,news-7218.html

Ummm Rachel? Umm this seems pretty clear to me o_O

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
However, you still can't download apps from App Store in the background. You will still need to set your phone down and let it complete the download before moving on to another task.
Seriously? I guess my 3G is special then as it always allowed to download apps and songs while going on doing other stuff (any app for that matter). I may hold every now and then but typically the downloads are done when i go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.