Quick 'N' Easy Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

frye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
I've never been a fan of installing software for my routers. Changing the settings via a browser always seems easier/simpler.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
I bought a new Linksys about a year ago. I never could get it to connect to the internet, and my internet provider doesn't require anything complicated for connection, the cable modem does that. I took the Linksys back and bought a DLink and it connected very quickly, essentially with no special configuration by me.

I went from an 802.11b router to 802.11g (to maintain compatibility with my old laptop), and I can't tell any speed difference in normal browsing of the internet. Copying files across the network there is a difference though. (Well I'm not using that old laptop anymore so I can switch my new router to run 802.11n now.)

burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I was fairly sure that wireless G transmits at 54Mbps, Wireless N @ 150Mbps and wireless N Mimo (or whatever the thing is called) @ 300.

pdesai2019

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
When will Tom's do an article for a large home (or even small office) that requires more then once Access Point? I am still not able to figure out which solutions to go with. Simply one AP in a large home leave lot of empty spots where laptop can not access wireless.

Status
Not open for further replies.