RadioShack Re-branding Itself as 'The Shack'

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]riquisimo[/nom]Circuit City changed its name to "the City" a month before it went outta business too...[/citation]
Good that means RS will also be out-of-business in a month too, right? What I always hated was them asking me for my phone number when I shoped there. Are the clerks that hard up for dates? It was a definit turn of for me shopping there.

lumpoco

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
The "Love Shack" sounds a lot better. But they could have gone with "RS" like KFC, IHOP and a bunch of other businesses that have shortened their names to better cater to attention deficit afflicted individuals.

G

lol im sure the new name will attract plenty of vagrants.

smart thinking applbaum

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Yeah I agree. Why name it "The Shack"? It's always a pun to tell your friend that he lives in a shack, when his living arrangements are shoddy. Isn't a shack usually one of those tin buildings you keep your lawn mower and other gardening supplies in? They usually reek of lawn trimmings and pesticides.

a_fenderson

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
So we can eat at The Hut, buy electronics at The Shack, and soon we'll be living in apartment complexes called The Hovel. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.