Solved! Ram upgrade

akhilpadinjarayil

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
My laptop is dell vostro 2520 i3 3rd gen 2gb version. It has 2 ram slots one with 2gb. Im thinking to upgrade ram with 2+4 as it is very slow and almost run on 80 percentage. Can it make any differnce in performance??

I want to know specs to purchase ram. Its a ddr3 ram i guess. But i dont know about mhz or whether it supports single or double channel. Can this i3 2320 chipset supports 1600mhz dual channel ram??? Also suggest me a good brand.

Solution
The figures printed on the existing RAM stick are the ones you need to buy when upgrading.

As to recommendations on manufacturers, there would be dozens of opinions.
If you're searching eBay, for instance, you need to input

?GB (?=your update aim) PC3 12800S. The manufacturer's name isn't necessary but I've bought lots of Samsung RAM for cutomers and never had to return one.

To be certain, you could put that stick back in and go to www.crucial.com. It's safe to allow their looking inside your machine and it will tell you how high you can go and will price each level. You don't have to buy from them but they are competitive and the information is worth having.

akhilpadinjarayil

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
If you're searching eBay, for instance, you need to input

?GB (?=your update aim) PC3 12800S. The manufacturer's name isn't necessary but I've bought lots of Samsung RAM for cutomers and never had to return one.

To be certain, you could put that stick back in and go to www.crucial.com. It's safe to allow their looking inside your machine and it will tell you how high you can go and will price each level. You don't have to buy from them but they are competitive and the information is worth having.
Crucial shows 1600mhz with 1.35v ram. But my existing ram is 1.5v with 1333mhz. What should i do??