Random Steam Limited Account?

Stelvo

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
i have my steam account for like 3 years now, and i have bought several games and skins for csgo. Today i started steam and it said i have a "limited account". wtf is this?
steam says i have to spend 5 dollars to get my full acc back.
What is this [redacted] and how can i get rid of it?

Thanks

Solution
It is quite the annoyance, isn't it? You can try to reach out to Valve's support staff by opening a ticket with them, but they are notoriously slow to respond and that FAQ page for it states quite clearly that they can't/won't remove the limited status for anybody. Still, it might be worth a shot.

A wild shot in the dark: perhaps you recently activated some Steam security features you didn't utilize before? That may have triggered this. In either case, I'm afraid Valve's support staff are the only ones who can really help you on this.

Stelvo

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

I can't find the answer to my question on the steam forum. Because my account was never "limited". And i have spend more than 5 dollars. I don't understand how my account got limited. If there's no other solution i'll just pay the 5 dollars but i'd rather not :)

It is quite the annoyance, isn't it? You can try to reach out to Valve's support staff by opening a ticket with them, but they are notoriously slow to respond and that FAQ page for it states quite clearly that they can't/won't remove the limited status for anybody. Still, it might be worth a shot.

A wild shot in the dark: perhaps you recently activated some Steam security features you didn't utilize before? That may have triggered this. In either case, I'm afraid Valve's support staff are the only ones who can really help you on this.

Solution

Stelvo

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

Thanks, i just send a ticket to steam. I'm afraid i'll just have to spend 5 dollars, which isn't too bad becuase i'll just spend it on CSGO skins :D
I'll wait a couple days for a respond.
Thanks for the help!

Stelvo

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
Okay, i fixed but forgot to post the fix.
Just relog in your steam account and it's fixed :) really simple thing that i should've tried myself haha.