Rare NES Cart Auctioned for Over $20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
This gives me some hope! I have an NES in the box with the price tag still on it. It has had it's box opened and the top layer of foam taken off, but it has never come out of the bottom layer. Baggies and twist ties still in place.

I also have the full R.O.B. set, but someone put a new 72-pin connector in that one before I got it (not very smart if you don't even intend to play the thing!!). Still, the full kit is hard to find.

Maybe in 50 years I'll retire on them. :)

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Hmm trip to florida is cheaper, even if you'd fly there from any part of the world ;) Also don't electronics only live about 35 years then give up the ghost? I'm not sure though, some guy I met majoring in electrical engineering told me that.

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
it is true electronics have a finite life, the silicon chips break down after a while. something made in 1990 or so might last a little longer than something made now, because it is more crude and thus less vulnerable to things that affect deep modern submicron chips. still like 15 years of regular use is pushing it, maybe 25 if it is rarely used and stored in a cool dry dark place

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Absolutely ridiculous...

You can download the entire NES game library and an emulator... go buy a nice usb game pad... and play any NES game you want on your pc.

I still have my top loading NES @ my parents house but i'm not shelling out any money to buy games for it.

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
[citation][nom]liquid0h[/nom]"Wow", that's about all I can say.[/citation]

LOL I was thinking this while reading it....

GET THE WHISTLE!!!!

G

zOMG?!!! I have the original box and instruction booklet for that game!! Wonder how much that gamer would shell out to 'complete' the package ;)

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
LMAO i doubt somebody with 20grand to blow on a video game is complaining about life *well financially speaking anyways*.. This is no different then other collectors. If you got the cash to blow.. well fuck you might as well eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.