Razer BlackWidow Chroma Keyboard — Rainbow Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamSerious

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
I'm really glad i got one of the last "BlackWidow 2013" as they already got the nice green illumination and the soft touch surface but still the original Cherry MX Blue. I tried the new BlackWidow some time ago and - just like you wrote in the article - the Razer switches (they are made by Khailh i think) are not bad, sure, but the Cherry are more defined and precise. I've got an old Dell Keyboard at home with sthe simplified ALPS switches. The razer switches are some sort of thing in the middle between the simplified ALPS and the Cherry MX Blue.

Nyago_123

Estimable
Aug 21, 2015
I recently bought a BlackWidow Chroma Stealth (from the online Razer store; I think that's the only place you can get them) after having owned a BW Stealth (Cherry MX Brown) for a while.

Admittedly, I type more than I game but I really like the feel of the new Razer switches. I had been considering buying a Matias Quiet Pro as I remember the days of the old Apple II Extended keyboards but the BWCS made me happy. Only complaint is if you really want to do hardcore color customizations you could spend hours in the Chroma Configurator playing with the colors. Nothing wrong with the UI; just there's so many options - might like to see some more prebuilt patterns or a way to export and share with others..

Status
Not open for further replies.