Razer Blade 14 (2013) Battery Issues

Benjamin Teng

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hi everyone, I recently replaced my 2013 Razer Blade's battery as the original one had deteriorated badly. I ordered a replacement from this site (http://www.storebattery.sg/razer-blade-14256gb-batteries-genuine-razer-razer-blade-14256gb-laptop-battery-in-singapore-p-179166.html) and replaced it on my own, using a tear down from iFixit as a guide.

Everything is working fine, but my battery doesn't seem to be charging very well. Initially, I charged it and left it for 8 hours or so to calibrate my battery, only to find out that the battery charged to 84% and stopped charging. I used my Blade until the battery reached low levels (around 10%), then I shut down my computer. Today, when I charged the computer while using, the battery charged till about 78%, then it displayed: "Plugged in, not charging".

I tried disconnecting the charger, and even uninstalling the battery from my device manager. All of these steps didn't work, unfortunately. My computer is running Windows 10. It is worth noting that my Blade's temperature around the battery was very high, though it was under light usage while charging (browsing of the net).

Does anyone know if it's a software issue, or an issue with the battery itself? My original Blade battery had deteriorated badly, with only about an hour of battery life, and when I generated a battery report, it showed that the battery only had half of it's manufactured capacity left. This new battery seems to be working fine based on the battery report.

Benjamin Teng

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Yeah, seems so. I'll probably seek a replacement since the battery is under warranty, or just raise a dispute with PayPal and get a full refund.