Razer Headset Microphone not working on laptop.

Centaurgoku

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I recently purchased the Razer Blackshark headset and the sound is working fine however my laptop is not recognising the headsets microphone when I plug it in and try and use it on Skype. I have tried going to the recording section of the sounds windows however only the build in microphone is displayed and when I choose "show disabled devices" all that pops up is stereo mix which pops up even when the headset is not connected to the laptop.

Any help to resolve this porblem would be really appreciated.

reptilefish

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
I have the same problem and it seems that nomatter what I do, even if i download software from razer, It just wont work. I see that its months since you posted this so hopefully you've found a solution by now. If you have then please write it here and help others like me with the same problem!

TeamYKNNoah

Estimable
Jun 12, 2014
I have a late 2012 Mac Mini and I was experiencing the same problem. I found out that the mic input was not analog but digital and the Blackshark was not compatible with it. I tried a ton of different things and I eventually found a workaround. I detached the microphone from the Blackshark and then I plugged the Blackshark into the headphone jack (without the splitter attached) and then I waited for a few seconds. A device called "External Microphone" showed up in the Sound section of System Preferences. After doing this and plugging the microphone back into the Blackshark, I was able to use it normally. I have been using it for about 10 months now and it has worked perfectly except for one problem; the volume control. The computer doesn't treat the Blackshark as headphones for some reason and I have to keep the volume at 0 and unmute it. If I want to turn it up, I have to hold Option+Shift+Volume Up/Down to change it in extremely small amounts. I hope this helps anyone with this problem and if someone has a solution to the volume control issue that would be great too!
-Noah

Jonathan Winters

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014

I signed up specifically to say thank you. I had no idea that I'd run into this issue with a headset, and this was the solution.

Thank you!!

keijo123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014
I had same problem with my laptop and Razer Blackshark headset. Sound worked fine but my mic didn't work with 3.5mm combo jack. I installed new sound card driver (2-High Definition Audio Device, old drivers) to Realtek High Definition R2.75 and Windows 8 showed pop-up window after rebooting. Pop-up window asked if I wanted to use headset configuration, I clicked YES! and the mic started working! Almost smashed my new headset, hope this works for you!

jazingbd

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

Can you link me to the drivers?

keijo123

Estimable
Dec 12, 2014

I cant remember for sure from what page I downloaded the drivers. I tried a few different sites and it might have been this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/realtek-hd-audio-2-75-driver-download.html

If those drivers won't work you should just try different sites...