Razer kraken 7.1 White noise and combined volumes...

The_Facepalmer

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
So i got my new Razer kraken 7.1. First things first the headset has alot of white noise. When someone talks on video game or if it's any sound in generall the white noise increases and at the end of the sound it becomes a robotic echo. I've installed Razer synapse multiple times and restarted my computer ect. Tried it on 2 other computers as well same problem.

I did return it in but they said it works fine. Wich it defenitly isn't doing. When i try to lower the Windows 7 sound for it it lowers the entire headset. The windows 7 sound configuration is connected with the razer synapses so doesn't matter where i lower it it will get lower everywhere so all the volume settings are combined into one. My gaming rig is very good and i do know in fact that it should support 7.1 and defently work with razer kraken 7.1 gaming headset.

So yea
White noise/ static
Robotic echo when i hear sound
Combined volumes

Kevin Niedenfuer

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Same here, At first it was really loud, and I had to turn off sound normalization to get it to not blow out my ears, and I also turned all the EQ settings to -8. It still has that annoying white noise!

John_From_Steam

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

It seems the Krakens are a refund item IMO. The razer carcharias are better and very soft.

EXbob

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Glad to know I'm not the only one. The Kraken 7.1 was my first big budget gaming headset and it was also the worst experience I've ever had with a headset. I had all the issues you did plus they were extremely tight meaning I couldn't wear them for more that half an hour. They were so awful, my Planatronics 780's blew them out of the water an they were nearly half the price.

Mar 1, 2018
i had a "buzzing" noise for month - i just solved it myself.... i been looking for a solution and no fix so i started messing around....wanna know the fix - go into synapse, go to EQ tab and there are PRESETS in the drop down - i dont like country but that did the trick this time!