Razer Kraken Pro mic not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

EraErus

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
I bought the Razer Kraken Pros about 1 year ago and for some reason the microphone has just stopped working. It worked fine the day before but now it just does not work. I can hear audio just fine but the microphone does not work. My computer does not pick it up in the front microphone jack or the back one. Please help.

Solution
i fixed the problem, did a lot of searching on the internet and did this:
1. go to control panel/system and security/system

at the lft upper corner go to device maneger.

2. click the sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

3. right click on the realtek high defination audio and select properties.

4.click on drivers and select roll back driver
and then I restarted my computer and it worked.

tsuneo6

Estimable
Aug 22, 2014
maybe your cable snapped internally.
try jiggling the cable at the jack and see if it records any sounds while doing that. if it does, then the cable broke there, the other options, if the cable snapped, are at the microphone itself or anywhere else.
or the problems is something completely different

if it is at the jack or microphone it's an easy fix, just pick up a soldering iron and fix it

EraErus

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
i fixed the problem, did a lot of searching on the internet and did this:
1. go to control panel/system and security/system

at the lft upper corner go to device maneger.

2. click the sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

3. right click on the realtek high defination audio and select properties.

4.click on drivers and select roll back driver
and then I restarted my computer and it worked.

Solution

joshhl619

Estimable
Jan 3, 2015

Can you tell me what driver and version you are using? I am facing the same problem and when I tried your method, it still wouldn't work for me.

Gummy202

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015

So, i yelled into my kraken pro and it and it stopped working and started making static noises, im not sure what happened.

arabell92

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
This just happened to me today.. same headset and everything.... My Mic just stopped working even tho the icon showed I was talking been Trying to figure it out for hours how haha I'm using a alienware 2013 laptop

MuffinAnarchy

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
I've been having that same problem. I ended up being able to fix it by going into the "Realtek HD audio" settings and changing the speaker configuration from 7.1 speaker to Stereo. You might also want to change the "What type of speaker did you plug in?" from "Speaker" to "Headphones".

AdrianEllenton

Estimable
Nov 14, 2015

When I right click on Realtek HD Audio maneger it says open or create a shortcut. Please help I dont know were it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.