Razer, Sixense Bring Motion Controls to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
The final product, according to Razer, uses electromagnetic fields to track precise movements along all six axes for use in current and future PC games.

What six axes? There are only 3 axes in a 3-dimensional continuum like ours! (4 if you count time.)

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Holy shit, sounds epic! Though, what's missing is price estimation and release date, unless I was too busy picturing myself actually using them...

...that is if they are affordable. We all know Razer and their wonderful pricetags ;D

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Brother Shrike[/nom]Magnets and CRTs don't mix well. As long as they've thought about that, then I'm tentatively excited.[/citation]

CRTs, lol.

Welcome to 2010.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
What's CRT?

Seriously, even your speakers have magnets in them and I'm sure they don't distort your monitor at all. Unless you're waving this controller 2 inches away from the screen, nothing bad will happen.

I'm glad innovations also come to the PC and not only to consoles! Let's how this turns out and how games adapt to this technology.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
"Brother Shrike :

Magnets and CRTs don't mix well. As long as they've thought about that, then I'm tentatively excited.

CRTs, lol.

Welcome to 2010.?"

The college that I go to still uses them, don't get me wrong, they suck ass, but some do have a really high resolution. Some people do have them, but flatscreen is where it's at!

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]hiniberus[/nom]...stfu I have a CRT at home-goes to crawl in a hole and die for having VGA monitor-[/citation]

Its fine to use a CRT, but if you are in the business for cutting edge technology (i.e. Motion sensing input), you better start with a decent monitor. 1920*1080 24'+ is a strict minimum.

Its like having a Ferrari but being too broke to put gas in it.

Hiniberus

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Sadly, that is somewhat the case with my card. Gainward 8600 Bliss 1GB GDDR3 and it has HDMI compatibility but I find the prices too high for monitors to bother to upgrade it.

I'm not sure if it's because of where I live (malta) but there's also the factor that I'm just 18 with part time job. That doesn't help much either I'd say

Status
Not open for further replies.