Solved! Re: My GT540M

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kamale

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
Hey guys,

I actually purchased an Acer Aspire 4743G about 2 months ago now. So far its performing real well. But just that it comes with this annoying "Optimus" technology. From the specs i noticed that the CPU and the GPU is so called "Boostable" to a further performance level once its put on load.

What i'm more curious about it, it stats here my GT 540m comes pre-built with 2gb ram. Apparently it stats here, with Turbocache it can be boosted to 3674mb. I'm wondering is this even for real and how would i know. Coz when i'm not running anything i'm using the built in Intel HD graphics. Once games are launched only then will it switch over.

I wanna make sure games i play utilises the full 3gb of "boostable" GPU memory any idea how i can track this or implement this?

moccamaster

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
True. Well, it can't hurt.

The question was concerning this turbo cache expression - which I have shown to refer to the gpu's ability to suck up system ram :)
I just got the latest 280.26 driver and tbh I don't intend to test performance with 4GB vs 8GB system ram. I'll leave that to an individual more committed than I :)