Ready to Aim A Missile Towards Microsoft's HQ

Jul 29, 2018
I rarely use the HP Laptop because it runs Windows 8. I'd love to upgrade it, but I can't get the danged thing started. I updated the virus definitions, and I was in the process of a Windows 8 system maintenance update, but the update got stuck, no activity, or progress. I removed the battery, and now I can't boot this garbage. When I press the power button, at the bottom of the screen, I see, "press ESC for boot options," and the screen goes blank again. I tried resetting it with the power, cordless mouse, and Ethernet unplugged. With the battery removed, I pressed the power button for about 20 - 30 seconds, but that did nothing. Is the next step removing RAM?
Yes, if I could find it. LOL

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from hasani202 : "Introduction to Salman"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Georgeop799 Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 7
B Laptop Tech Support 1
Paul Wagenseil Laptop Tech Support 0
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question So I want to use my Nvidia for everything but I can't because when I disabled the intel graphics my screen goes choppy because I am using Microsoft ba
Question How to sync google with microsoft and vice versa
Question No linked devices to Microsoft account
Question Windows 10 crashing, shows 'No boot device found' and sometimes boots up perfectly and then crashes
News Hey, Windows 7 and XP Users -- You Need to Patch Now
Solved! Netflix No Download link in Windows 10
Microsoft surface RT not booting
Solved! How to disable safe Mode on Microsoft 8 dell
Where can I buy barebones laptop shells? Don't tell me that I can't build a laptop. I'm ready to solder. You will be dismis
Lost and ready to toss laptop
ROG Strix GL502VM 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB DDR4 128GB
Non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready
free dos commands have everything ready to reboot dont know commands for program
asus laptop getting windows ready don't turn off your computer
it takes my laptop 3 to 4 minutes to be ready for action - something in the background
My Laptop G751JL is SLI ready, but where the heck do you put the other graphics card?
iam getting it in win8.1 while win 10 upgrade is ready
how do i get a laptop with broken screen to start up, and be ready for a remote login withour user intervwention
I\'m 46 and getting ready to go back to school, online, I do not have a lot of c
Showing wimax not ready on lenovo b560 laptop...pls help me my email adress is m

ASK THE COMMUNITY