Ready to See Jar Jar Binks Again in Glorious 3D?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggard

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]This is a waste. You can't get good looking 3D without being filmed in 3D. None of them were filmed in 3D. I don't care what your budget is. It's not going to have that depth you get from movies filmed in 3D.[/citation]

I think it will still look cool.

G

Han still shot first, no matter how many dimensions the film is in.....

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]This is a waste. You can't get good looking 3D without being filmed in 3D. None of them were filmed in 3D. I don't care what your budget is. It's not going to have that depth you get from movies filmed in 3D.[/citation]

Theres been talk for years about how lucas arts have been trying to convert 2D to 3D and they've spent alot of time and money doing it. I'm not sure how you can just trash all their work when you have yet to see anything made from this conversion. Watch it then decide because right now your just talking out of your a$$

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Things to do...
Add some scenes into ALL movies... the POD-RACE extended version is quite good and other aspects of EP1 is improved with those extra scenes. Han NEEDs to be fixed and KILL Greedo properly. And might as well FIX other special effect glitches.

But... usually when a movie is converted into 3D... it just doesn't work the same. Tron Legacy, which is supposed to have been filmed in 3D... didn't look very 3D to me, it looks just as fine in 2D IMHO. Avatar looks amazing in 3D, it was done right. And from what I heard, the Avatar movie was voted as WORST 3D conversion for the sake of 3D.

3D done wrong CAN hurt the 3D movie industry. Me and a friend watched and enjoyed Green Hornet in 2D. The 3D previews shows all that really needs to be in 3D... it doesn't need it.

3D Animations like Owls of Galoue(whatever), Toy Story 3, Rango, etc which exists in a 3D computer environment are easiest to look good.

iNiNe5

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
Dressing up this movie in 3-D is like dressing up the Emperor in New Clothes.... We all can see right through it and still know the movie sucks.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]Geef[/nom]I really hope whoever came up with that dang character has a horrible rest of his life. We can only hope he walks through the wrong part of "town" and runs into a gang who happens to feel the need to show him how unhappy they are because of JarJar.[/citation]

i'd like to meet that scary star wars fanboi gang... what would star wars fanboi's slang? can somebody slang virginity on the street corner? ultimately that's the only thing star wars fanboi's have in spades...

dingo_d

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]BigThumper[/nom]And will the 3D version be the same as the original theatrical release, or have the added/removed scenes from the DVD's - or something new altogether?[/citation]

Removed as in will JarJar parts will be gone altogether? XD

Painmaker

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
Why so much hate for Jar Jar? I actually like him but maybe because the movies came out when I was a kid. But I agree that Lucas is milking the franchise instead of coming up with something new. Having it on Blu-Ray is a must but I'm not a big fan of the whole 3d wave. Still, I'm going to watch them as I haven't had the chance to watch the original trilogy in a cinema. What I won't give to watch LotR again on the big screen...

G

HAHA, I can watch them all already in 3d using my HD5850 and DDD drivers connected to a Panasonic 50" 3d TV. No need to pay lucas for the same effect, non true 3d.

True 3d only happens when it is filmed with a proper 3d camera, one with two lenses! Any other type of post conversion does not look as good! I know I can have my setup convert any 2d DVD into 3d, It still looks great and definately worth the watch, but you can tell the difference to true 3d filmed content, of which, sports are still the best, RUGBY is Awesome in 3d!!

G

This is just getting pathetic.

Hey George Lucas, do you have any original ideas? Like, you know, something that's NOT Star Wars? How long is this going to go on? How much Star Wars do we really need? There's, what, 100 games now, 6 movies, at least 1 animated movie, tv series, books, bedsheets, toys and a thousand other products. Can't that be it? I am so sick of Star Wars, it is the most overdone intellectual property in the history of media. The only thing that MAY be more prevalent is the Bible, but I'm guessing there's more SW stuff out there than there are Bibles in the world.

Lucas and Lucasarts are looking pretty stupid, IMO. Maybe when the re-re-re-release of the Star Wars saga comes out in ten years, they'll finally realize how sad a case they are.

How about make a Monkey Island movie?

nisallik

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2008
Nom om om... Bring on the new 3D Star Wars, it will give me a reason to rewatch it again. Also, if any Star Wars fan did not know... Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-Ray with "Three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more." - Amazon

Can't wait! ;p

scatrdfew

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
I've already seen these movies more times than I care to admit... Adding 3D to a classic yet very familiar story is not enough to get me into a theater and pay the premium price. This is a clever move by Lucas to squeeze the last remaining money out of a tired, old franchise. Kids who have never seen them will be thrilled by the story with 3D special effects, and Jar Jar will probably seem funny.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
I'm surprised he's not starting off with the original theatrical releases (as in, Episodes 4-6), then another round with the restored THX version, then a few months after that with the added CG scenes, then the new Trilogy, and then the 3D version of them all. It's his M.O. to rip us off at every turn as much as possible. What a cheese! Of course, people should be fully aware of the fact that 3D movies damage your eyes - the whole "fake" 3D is so bad it's scary that it's even being sold. Read up on it.

Saitzev

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
I agree with a few people here as I will see the original 3 and maybe episode II. Unfortunately I wasn't around yet for IV, V, VI. so this will be nice to see on the big screen.

As for milking it look at Cameron for milking Avatar.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]jming1084[/nom]Jesus how much money does Lucas need to milk off this franchise. This has to be up there for the most money a single movie franchise has ever generated.[/citation]

Lol well can't blame him for doing that, his money comes from the people that go to watch them. Also, good way to share these movies with new generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS