Really High temps (GPU+CPU) for a Metabox N150RD

Mar 17, 2018
Spec:
CPU: i7 6700hq 2.60Ghz
GPU: gtx960m 2gb
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250gb and Hitachi 1tb HDD
Ram: 16gb DDR3

Alright so this laptop is pretty old estimated 2-3 years but recently I have noticed that the temperatures have been higher than I would like it to be.

While idle it is around 55-60 on average which isn't to bad but while under heavy load especially gaming the temps can easily skyrocket to 90 degrees making the top right section of the keyboard nearly untouchable. This is the case for games such as PUBG and Escape from Tarkov which I don't want play because I am worried that it will damage my laptop.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, I was thinking of purchasing a cooler pad in particular the Topmate cooling pad,
Link: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TopMate-Laptop-Cooling-Pad-12-15-6-Cooler-Pad-Chill-Mat-5-Quiet-Fans-LED-Lights/272975013074?hash=item3f8e9424d2:g:51YAAOSw9hdaKymd

but I heard that this laptop in particular has a weird cooling system so I'm not sure if that will affect it at all.
My other option was to reapply some thermal paste but I don't know much about doing that so I'm looking for some answers to if that will even work before I even attempt it

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks everyone