Solved! Realtek HD Audio Manager nerfs my audio drivers

TrackmaniaFan

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
I finally got my new, custom-built PC functioning, though there are some things I still need to work out.

I have my gaming headset plugged into the computer, but noticed that it sounded... flat. No bass, no treble, just completely flat-- what I needed was an equalizer, which was not there in my headphone settings. I thought I needed to install some drivers, so, realizing that my old PC had Realtek, I went to the latter's website to install drivers there.

Rushing through the installation process and restarting my computer, I didn't know that Realtek was already installed on my computer, and the installation I just did was a 2-step process. Realtek was now uninstalled, and I noticed that I had much more enhancements with my headphones now that it was gone, including bass boost, virtualization, etc., but the equalizer was still not there. The installation was still in progress, which would reinstall the drivers and restart my computer again. Upon doing that, those enhancements were now GONE, and all I had left was the loudness equalization enhancement, which doesn't really do much in my opinion.

The drivers that were apparently installed were up-to-date, last updated 13 January 2017, but the website I downloaded them from (Realtek) looks like one from 2007.

Why is Realtek nerfing my audio drivers when it's supposed to UPDATE THEM???

Solution
All good.

Yeah that doesn't look right. Im not used that interface but the three output icons up top looks like theres an orange dot indicating digital output is selected. Clicking headphone icon doesn't change anything?

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/82137-drivers-turn-off-automatic-driver-installation.html

Try disabling Win7's automatic driver install and try again uninstalling/installing. The driver from Realtek is the correct one but if it still plays up check your motherboard's website for audio drivers.

boju

Distinguished
All good.

Yeah that doesn't look right. Im not used that interface but the three output icons up top looks like theres an orange dot indicating digital output is selected. Clicking headphone icon doesn't change anything?

https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/82137-drivers-turn-off-automatic-driver-installation.html

Try disabling Win7's automatic driver install and try again uninstalling/installing. The driver from Realtek is the correct one but if it still plays up check your motherboard's website for audio drivers.

Solution

TrackmaniaFan

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014

Oh no, that just means I'm currently looking at the settings of the digital output.

I've disabled the automatic driver installations, but how do I uninstall the driver?