Realtek HD Audio Manager

JoeMaynard

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

I have a pair of headphones, with a microphone inbuilt to the wire as it runs into the pc, similar to apple headphones. However, when I plug it in to the pc, I get a notification saying a device has been plugged into the port. I then select whether it is line in, mic in, or headphones. If I select headphones, I get sound through them but the microphone doesnt work. If I select Mic in, I don't get the sound through them but the microphone works.

How can I get around this? Selecting Line in just means nothing works, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with this. Is it possible to split them so I can create like two inputs?

Thanks

Joe

Solution
Your PC must be compatible with your headphones' connector, that is - has four-wire connector (ground, mic, left, right). This kind of connectors is more common among laptops, not amond desktop PCs.

Something like this should work for you - plug headphones into female end, and plug to jacks into microphone and headphones jacks on your PC.
Your PC must be compatible with your headphones' connector, that is - has four-wire connector (ground, mic, left, right). This kind of connectors is more common among laptops, not amond desktop PCs.

Something like this should work for you - plug headphones into female end, and plug to jacks into microphone and headphones jacks on your PC.

Solution

JoeMaynard

Estimable
Jan 13, 2016

Thanks, I'll try this.