Rear 7.1 doesn't work on startup PC

m4d50r3n

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this post, there isn't a PC audio page.

The rear jack on my motherboard doesn't output anything after a reboot. I can get it to work by unplugging all of the speakers from my computer, and plugging the rear speakers in first, followed by the rest. It stays working until the next reboot. It's really obnoxious to have to crawl under my desk every time my computer needs to restart.

Restarting the windows audio service does not fix the issue

I've had this issue through multiple audio driver versions. I don't know how long this has been a problem since I didn't have all the speakers when I first got the computer.

Windows 10
Z97 extreme4 mobo

[Solution] I went ahead and installed the audio driver from realtek's website, and NOT the ones on the manufacturers website. I lost some control panel functions, but everything is still available through the speaker properties in playback devices, it's just a little longer to get to than a shortcut I had on my desktop, but I don't have to crawl under the desk anymore.

Solution
I went ahead and installed the audio driver from realtek's website, and NOT the ones on the manufacturers website. I lost some control panel functions, but everything is still available through the speaker properties in playback devices, it's just a little longer to get to than a shortcut I had on my desktop, but I don't have to crawl under the desk anymore.

m4d50r3n

Estimable
May 24, 2015

I am using the onboard audio from the motherboard. The version number suggests it's the latest driver, but the driver date is different, so I'll reinstall them anyway. The last update was in 2015 though according to the vendor's website

m4d50r3n

Estimable
May 24, 2015
I went ahead and installed the audio driver from realtek's website, and NOT the ones on the manufacturers website. I lost some control panel functions, but everything is still available through the speaker properties in playback devices, it's just a little longer to get to than a shortcut I had on my desktop, but I don't have to crawl under the desk anymore.

Solution