Solved! Recognizing left/right sound problem

Dec 15, 2018
When I play games on my laptop my earphone is not recognizing whether the sound of footsteps is coming from the left or the right, I tried the earphones on my phone and I was able to recognize left and right sound, I tried another earphone same problem on laptop but work fine on my phone so the problem is not from the earphone, I tested the laptop sounds without the earphone I was able to recognize the left and right sound, I uninstall/reinstall the sound driver from the device manager but nothing changed, I do hope it is just a software/system sound problem and not the laptop headphone jack.
I have a Lenovo laptop (window 8.1) for 3 years until a week ago the problem appeared.
any suggestion would be great

Solution
Try going into "Control Panel" and then "Sound". It should open up on the "Playback" tab. Make sure the earphones are plugged in and then click on them once then click the "Configure" button. Go through the process there and see if this resolves it.

Should that not help, then go back to the "Playback" tab on the "Sound" screen and highlight the earphones in the list again. Then click "Properties". Click on the "Levels" tab and check all the listed items there to make sure everything is set correctly. Next click on the "Enhancements" tab and make sure that nothing is set to change the way they work. This can alter the way they play back those sounds. Then click on the "Advanced" tab and make sure that the two boxes in the "Exclusive Mode" are checked. Save all the changes by clicking "Apply" and then click "OK.

Note: If you don't see the earphones when you go to the playback tab, but they are plugged in, try right clicking on the empty background of that window and make sure both the disabled and disconnected boxes are checked.

Dec 15, 2018

hi
thank you for your help and fast reply, I tried all the solutions but sadly nothing worked.
The problem was from the laptop headphone jack, weirdly there was a lot of sticky dust in it and it gave me a hard time removing them but the sound is back to normal again :D:bounce:

Solution