Recommended antivirus software

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

frenzyFoL

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002
Sounds like alot of "feels faster"
has anoyone done any real system performance / virus susceptability tests with various softwares..

Ive been using norton corporate for about 4 years and I've had no problems.

Phalanx01

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
Norman isn´t so bad either once you figure out the settings and stuff. Didn´t like their Spamweeder proggy though...

Is it a bad thing if there is smoke coming out of my case?

educate_me666

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
so ur saying the best pick of all the antivirus that u had reviewed is PC-cillin...but why some big companies use norton instead of PC-cillin? m currently using AVG the free version... McAffee is not that good for me..my system just went ballistic...

Jake_Barnes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
I just installed AVG Free after spending 2 hrs uninstalling McAfee manually ... with all the friggin regedits. Can u believe that McAfee makes you edit the Registry to get rid of their crap. Too early to tell if I'm gonna like AVG ... but I know that McAfee and others only update once a week - and that's not good enough for me.

<b> ...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol - W.C. Fields </b>

omnius

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Kaspersky is the best! it's just can do it all!

Never trust the Northern Winds
Never turn your back to Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.