Recommended paid AV package for a small business

woodson75

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
What do people recommend as a decent, low impact AV package for a small (4 or 5 PCs to be protected) business? I keep reading and re-reading reviews from all over the place for the "big boys" like Kaspersky, Bitdefender and Webroot. The more you read, the more negative elements you find about each one, and so the search becomes endless.

Any advice is much appreciated

Solution
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/internet-security.html?gclid=CKGA05jJjMsCFYU2aQod58YLYA
Select 10 PC at checkout , Bitdefender best in the business.

50PCT < Coupon code for 50 percent off. :D

$104.97 \ for 10 PC , great deal.

John_234

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016
I personally use bullgaurd, I find it very good to use. It has a clean user friendly interface and you have the ability to have up to 10 pc's protected under the same license. I have been using it for years and touch wood I haven't had a virus yet.

The software works well with windows firewall and will tell you if you system is optomised and running at its best potential. I have used other programmes in the past like Norton's but i found these to slow the pc down and cause endless problems.

woodson75

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for that - which of their products offers 10 machines under the same licence?

John_234

Estimable
Jan 30, 2016

All of there products can have extra users added onto the package on checkout, there is an option for 3 standard or 5 or 10 extra users for a small premium.

The problem with most of the big boys is that they get to a point where they become a victim of their own success:

1) Tech support inquires take a week to get an "autobot" response". If you start the e-mail with .. "This is what I have already checked, you get an e-mail telling you to do what you already did and told them about a week ago,

2. Their paranoia results in DRM / license maintenance issues that become overly burdensome.

We used BitDefender on multiple sites last year and had a fair amount of issues ...

a) Doesn't like old files
b) Very onerous to shut off for troubleshooting purposes
c) Support takes forever
d) For 2015, I downloaded it one to a thumb drive and did installs at each site from the thumb drive. The 2016 requires the program to be downloaded to each site / machine and I just don't have the time for that.

We have been testing Kapersky Suite, both get consistently high marks on the test sites. But no file access issues, not disabling / troubleshooting issues and most important .. easy ownership and license maintenance.