Recommended security and antivirus

Ninjamastor

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have malwarebytes, hitmanpro, and bitdefender. and for passwords i have keepass. are there any tips/programs to be even more secure and better anti-virus that i can run along side my own?

Solution

Mostly, yes. No one set of applications can or will stop everything. If you go blindly clicking and installing everything you see, you will get infected, no matter what tools you use.

Ninjamastor

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

so do you think the programs i have are adequate enough to find any virus (and stop any malicious websites)

USAFRet

Illustrious

Mostly, yes. No one set of applications can or will stop everything. If you go blindly clicking and installing everything you see, you will get infected, no matter what tools you use.

Solution

Ninjamastor

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014

thanks a lot. (i just want to feel secure) do you have any suggestions on sources to watch for new information/tips on security and virus's?(sorry for asking so many questions i just like to be informed and how to learn as much as i can(hoping to be able to have the info/resources like you, and be able to help myself and others like you and many other knowledgeable people do))

also do vpn's and other things help with security at all?

123andrew

Estimable
May 29, 2015
Every antivirus is good it just depends upon what kind of antivirus you need for your system and what type of browsing you do. Malwarebytes, hitmanpro and bitdefender are good antiviruses but if you still need something better then you may opt for kaspersky or OptimoAV.
For further security enable VPN.