Solved! Record Audio from 1997 JVC Receiver

MikeA01730

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
Hi,

I want to record audio from an old JVC RX-662V that's installed in a church function room. There's a cordless mic that goes into one of the receiver inputs and the receiver drives speakers mounted in the wall. I need to get RCA Line Out signals for my recorder.

The interesting part of the back of the receiver has a stack of RCA jack pairs (i.e. red and white RCA jacks beside each other) labeled (from top to bottom) "Phono", "CD", "Tape In (Play)", "Tape Out(Rec)", "VCR In (Play)", "VCR Out(Rec)", "Video", and "TV Sound". The "VCR" and "VIDEO" pairs also each have a yellow RCA video jack beside them. (Sorry, I tried to post an image but failed.)

The jack pairs labeled "CD" and "Tape In (Play)" are occupied but the rest are free. If I remember this correctly I can just use the "Tape Out (Rec)" jacks to connect to my recorder and I'll be fine.

Do I have this right or do I need to do something else?

Thanks,
Mike

Solution
You have it right but you won't be able to record from whatever source is connected to Tape In (Play). If you need to do that then just move that to a different input. Any one but phono is fine. That is only for a turntable to play vinyl.

MikeA01730

Estimable
Nov 23, 2014
Titan,

Thanks for the help.

I didn't check but I'm pretty sure that the mic is plugged in to the Tape In (Play) jacks. We're a guest at this church so I'd rather not move around any existing plugs. Could I use the VCR Out(Rec) jacks instead?

Mike