Recover drive after diskpart clean

Tirth Thoria

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
I had two OS win10 and win7. I wanted to remove win7 and had asked on Microsoft community about the same. He told to boot from win10 CD/USB and use disk part to delete the partition. I had used all commands like delete partition, delete volume etc but it was displaying as deleted but really was not. Whenever I booted into Windows 10 I would always see the D:/ Windows 7 partition. So I searched on the internet about how to do so and at last selected partition on which Windows 7 was installed and used *clean* command. It showed as cleaned but now I can't boot into the system. When I used diskpart again then it displayed by drive as empty.
What do I do now? I had all sorts of important data on the drive.

Solution
When you use diskpart it wiped the disk. I take it you had no backups of the important data, which is always a bad idea to not do.

Download Ultimate Boot CD, it includes the testdisk utility, use that, it may bring back the partition info that you wiped with diskpart.

If not, remove the drive, set it up as a secondary in another system, install and run Recuva to scan your drive to see what files it can get.
When you use diskpart it wiped the disk. I take it you had no backups of the important data, which is always a bad idea to not do.

Download Ultimate Boot CD, it includes the testdisk utility, use that, it may bring back the partition info that you wiped with diskpart.

If not, remove the drive, set it up as a secondary in another system, install and run Recuva to scan your drive to see what files it can get.

Solution