asdfgazhjkl

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013
First of all I'm not sure if this is in the right place, please correct me if I'm wrong :)
I'm planning to get a new laptop that's more suitable for gaming. My current laptop is around 4 years old and is too big to be carrying back and forward to college
It would seem a bit of a waste to just dispose of the laptop I have, the internal components all still work well, so I'm considering taking it apart,and recycling the components to make a media centre to attach to the back of my tv (student life, I don't have a tv licence and stream everything I watch)

I was hoping to use a simple, along the lines of this http://www.mini-box.com/M350-universal-mini-itx-enclosure

So has anyone done something similar? I was hoping that it would be a simple project, no need for an extra graphics card as its attached to the motherboard, and everything is already compact and together. Is this a worthwhile project?

Except your laptop wouldn't fit in that box. You could make your own box though, or just stuff the laptop behind the TV. If the laptop is behind the TV though, how are you going to control it?

asdfgazhjkl

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

I'm not necessarily going to use that case, I just used it as an example. I'll have a wireless mouse and keyboard

jimmy katich

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I think it is good, I have also another idea for you, if the laptop is working well, but still it has no use for, then you should consider selling it to laptop recycling companies this will help a lot to save environment from the computer toxic material. Also, you will get a very good amount of cash for your old laptop. Instead of doing laptop recycling by own, you should sell it it recycling companies. You can utilize the money while buying new laptops.