Redbox Now Testing $2 Game Rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Parties: I often rent a variety of games for parties, this would be ideal for that (only need it one day)

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dreamphantom_1977[/nom]great, thanks for including pc gamers. LOL[/citation]

Yeah really... I think it is easier to copy console games than it is to copy PC games nowadays anyway...

daft

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2008
hmmmm. being in salt lake, i may have to try this out. that is, if the disks aren't already distroyed

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
No thanks. $2 a night is a huge ripoff. Blockbuster, with their current rental agreement, allows customers to keep their items for seven days past the due date without a late fee. So, nine dollars for 14 days is far better than two dollars for one day.

Question: Why in the hell is that hand flexing the data disc like that? What purpose does it serve the article?

G

Its 8.65 for a 5 day rental and 99c per day that its late at the store i work at and then on day 10 it sells to you for x amount depending on how old or new it is.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]montezuma[/nom]Why in the hell is that hand flexing the data disc like that? What purpose does it serve the article?[/citation]Obviously you've never rented a game that others know wont get inspected for several uses.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
oh look! no PC! there you go PC industry, your stupid DRM methods have stopped you making money from game rentals too!

the DRM methods they employ would make it next to impossible to rent PC games to lots of different people, as usually the game is bound to your windows install!

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]kezix_69[/nom]Yeah really... I think it is easier to copy console games than it is to copy PC games nowadays anyway...[/citation]

Uh, no, not even close. It is much harder to copy a console game and then even if you managed to get it copied you have to have a modified console to play back the game.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
I would try a couple games if this came to minneapolis.
There are a few that I either haven't tried or the demo was to limited/lame to get a real feel for it.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Uh, no, not even close. It is much harder to copy a console game and then even if you managed to get it copied you have to have a modified console to play back the game.[/citation]

it's not really THAT hard. With EACH game you have different circumvention techniques for PC depending on what kind of DRM it's riddled with. With consoles, it's a one time shot, figure it out and you have it for pretty much all games.

Status
Not open for further replies.