Question Reddit post creation not working since using new tablet with Android 10

Jun 24, 2024
Reddit new post creating doesn't work on my new Android 10 tablet, it worked on my old Android 9 tablet, and works on my Windows laptop.

Both tablets are the same model.

I'm unable to paste into the text box, make "spaces", or use "commas", "periods", etc. as well as most special characters.

And when clicking "Markdown Editor" I receive this message: "There was a problem converting from markdown to rich text. Please try again later."

I don't know why I'm unable to type when creating new posts.

It isn't a problem when typing replies.

Any ideas?

CParsons

Estimable
Staff member
Dec 4, 2019
Reddit new post creating doesn't work on my new Android 10 tablet, it worked on my old Android 9 tablet, and works on my Windows laptop.

Both tablets are the same model.

I'm unable to paste into the text box, make "spaces", or use "commas", "periods", etc. as well as most special characters.

And when clicking "Markdown Editor" I receive this message: "There was a problem converting from markdown to rich text. Please try again later."

I don't know why I'm unable to type when creating new posts.

It isn't a problem when typing replies.

Any ideas?
How are you accessing Reddit? Through the app or the site?

Reactions: I Hate Technology
Jun 24, 2024
Generally, those sort of errors mean the site is possibly having issues or you're blocking a script needed by the site. Are you using an Ad blocker or any sort of script blocker in your browser? If so, disable it and test without it on.
I updated Chrome and it seems to have resolved the issues.

Thank you for your time, much appreciated!

Reactions: CParsons