Regedit messed my computer up

squwakboy

Estimable
Jul 19, 2014
I was trying to make everything i downloaded from the internet go to my second hard drive. I used regedit to make this happen and i changed more then that and everything that i downloaded that went to local disk went to my other hard drive but i changed more then that and just made everything under one hard drive and now i cant reopen regedit to fix this and it seems that i can only open up chrome right now fi i use the start menu and search fro chrome. I cant even system restore. please help

Solution
dont usually say this but i think you are going to need to do a format and reinstall windows.if you can backup anything on that drive to another drive i would do it and reinstall windows.dont get me wrong there may be a fix but without knowing exactly what youve changed i doubt it.there should be an option when you download to change the installation path to your second drive.

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
dont usually say this but i think you are going to need to do a format and reinstall windows.if you can backup anything on that drive to another drive i would do it and reinstall windows.dont get me wrong there may be a fix but without knowing exactly what youve changed i doubt it.there should be an option when you download to change the installation path to your second drive.

Solution