Relic Lead Designer Killed, Saving Pregnant Wife

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FUtomNOreg

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]sonofman[/nom] I really don't like hearing about these things. It's...just...not...fair...[/citation]
Life isn't fair. the only thing certain about life is death. that kinda puts some of my current struggles in perspective.
Dang, now I sound like an emo.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
It makes me wonder sometimes... I know sitting in my chair thinking about it, I would of course say I'd do the exact same in his position. Lots of people would say that because it's easy to. I have a lot of respect for the man for actually being able to DO that when it counted in a split second. While I absolutely feel that sacrifice is well worth it, it makes me wonder if I would be as much of a man if that were me in that split second when it counts, NOT when I'm sitting at home in my chair.

On another note, I wonder if his gamer reflexes helped...

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]kkbntvlzn[/nom]very sad story,i have lots of respect for brian, having the clarity of mind in a crisis to make that choice is amazing.RIP Brian, i hope your new family live long healthy lives.[/citation]

No, I've been in a similar situation, twice. (though with the directions of the cars both times it wasn't nearly as threatening a situation) Only it was my best friend in the passenger seat not a wife.

Only difference is I managed to barely avoid the accident in general - not cheapening his sacrifice or anything, just saying the only thing going through your mind is 'oh s***'.

But yes this is a very sad occurrence.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Video Game icon gives his life for his wife.

Sports hero [Tiger Woods] spends his life screwing arround behind his wife's back.

Let's just be honest. Sports are a way worse influence on young children than video games.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Very sad to hear this, RIP. I hope his Wife, Child, and family all the best.

Always a shame when someone elses carlessness leads to such a tragity like this.

Dkz

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
He gave his life to protect two, a new one, product of his goodness in this world, this child will have no memory of his dad, but a huge paternal figure to be proud of.
R.I.P

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
God bless Woods, his surviving wife and child. Such sad news. I think it's awesome that he may have intentionally done what he needed to protect his wife and child. For that, God bless him for sure!!

I can't imagine being in his wife's shoes. About to give birth to their child, and realizing she won't have Woods around to experience it all with. :(

cyb34

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
Stupid ass woman changing clothes on the wheel... Damn it I'm so pissed right now at these people who think life is a game.

crus_russ

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2010
Wow this story is sad. How do you feel one day you are driving with your pregnant wife and you have no idea your life is about to end in a matter of seconds.

This guy had his whole future ahead of him and some f**ktards killed him. How is his wife meant to go on without her husband? How is it fair his kid will grow up without a f**king dad?

I hope the bitch gets it.

G

While this is really sad, it's just an example of a person's paying for another one's mistake..

This guy will be missed. RIP.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
With his creation, thousands of gamers got to experience Sacrifice and Heroism. It's now obvious that Mr. Wood put his soul into his masterpiece. It's been an honor playing your game, Rest in Peace.

BTW, there should be a memorial fund / trust for his unborn child, in honor of its father. It would be a crazy thing to see PC gamers come together in mass, and donate a record amount for the kid's future. I'm in for a $50 donation (the cost of CoH) -- who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.