Relic Lead Designer Killed, Saving Pregnant Wife

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
... Damnit... Sounds like one hell of a good man...
As for his work, a damn good artist as COH is fantastic...

RIP Brian...

"the driver tried to remove her sweater"
Grrrrr...

G

A true hero, no questions about it. The driver of the blazer deserves to be locked away without the possibility of getting out. To sit there and think about the 3 lives she took because of a stupid decision.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
My heart goes out to her and her unborn child. Heroes happen and she happened to have been married to one. There can be no greater love.

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
No offense meant, but "Wood slammed on the brakes and turned a sharp right so that the oncoming car would slam into the driver's side of the vehicle."

Are we sure that he did that "so that the car would slam into the driver's side" of the vehicle, or did he do that to try to avoid the accident? I think the guy is a hero, but there is no need to alter the events to make him a bigger hero. If a car was comming straight towards me, I'd hit the brakes and turn right also (aiming for the shoulder of the road), regardless of who was where in my car. I'd have zero time to think about how to mitigate the damage, hurt or protect specific people in the car etc. I certainly don't know if getting T'd is "safer" than head on collisions for anyone in the car.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I saw this news on CTV. Tore my heart apart.

They mentioned he designed video games, but I never thought he worked for CoH. One of my favorite RTS.

We need more people in this world like Woods. Rest in peace.

13withinfinity

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
"The Chevy Blazer, carrying four occupants, crossed over the center line when the driver tried to remove her sweater"

Seriously, I hate to say it but there needs to be better driving standards in this country, people can't freaking drive.

rh_dog

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
Now why isn't this story on any major news sites in the U.S.? Oh, because gamers are all bad and will cause the downfall of the universe.
This type of story can easily counter all of the negative press that gamers get.

Brian Wood, RIP. Erin ~ best thoughts and hopes out to you and your future child.

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
Heartbreaking.

What a heavy weight for Erin to bear but reading the few words she provided, it appears that she will be more than up to the difficulty.

Very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.