Relic Lead Designer Killed, Saving Pregnant Wife

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
The Chevy Blazer, carrying four occupants, crossed over the center line when the driver tried to remove her sweater--the other front seat passenger took control of the wheel.

Stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's because of the driver's stupid actions that two of their own passengers and the driver of the other vehicle involved are now dead. Removing a sweater while driving? Come on!

danny69t

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
Damn, i got tears in my eyes reading this, it really touched me. Rest in Peace Brian Wood. This is truly an act of real love.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]At least some people in the SUV died. Its sad he wasn't driving a Hummer H1.[/citation]
You're kidding right? Just because the driver made a stupid action, you're happpy some of his passengers died?

G

Why are some people so stupid??? Go figure cause seriously I don't get it. Its a real shame when things happen that can be prevented. God Bless all the Wood family!!

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]You're kidding right? Just because the driver made a stupid action, you're happpy some of his passengers died?[/citation]

Only thing better would be the driver who did it. At least that way the person has to live with not only what they did to some stranger, but also to their own friends. You don't really get punished much for vehicular manslaughter.

G

I'm not sure that, in a situation that unfolded this quickly, the driver had time to make a conscious decision. It makes for a more compelling story, but in all likelihood he swerved instantly and instinctively, trying as anyone would to avoid the collision. And no, the police can't really tell at the scene "what would have happened" had he reacted differently. I wouldn't call him a hero for swerving right any more than I would call him a murderous coward had he swerved left.

G

very sad your baby have to grow up with out a father, dam that son-0f -a bitch to take your husband away from you.but one day your son or Daughter will know that, (him or her father is a great mam)you should name him or her B,W lots of love for you both God bless.

G

for cyb34 not all women are stupid enough to change clothes while driving and for your information there are a few men who make this same stupid mistake too.

G

Yeah erm, nice story and all, and not to sound insensitive but how do you know what was going through his mind? He was likely just trying to avoid the other car - if you've got the time and presence of mind to deliberately hit a car sideways then you'd be able to avoid it altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.