Remote access desktop from phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
So I'm looking to get a new phone and I'm no longer bound to any provider, but currently I'm with sprint. I need to have a phone that can remote access my PC so that I can monitor my PC's activity when I am not able to be infront of it. Previously I have used Logmein.com to remote in through my laptop. However there will be times when I can't set up my laptop and a phone would be infinitely more convenient.

I have a friend with the palm pre and another with the I phone and they both really like them. However I don't believe logmein.com works with the palm pre since something has to be installed to its browser, and I assume the same is true of the iphone but i have not yet tested it.

So is there another way to connect one of these phones to my computer. And if both these phones are capable is there one that can do it better?

Solution
I use my XV6700 (which is pretty old) and logmein (hamachi) and VNC to connect to my computers at home. I have verizon - the data connection is solid and the VNC is always just as fast as it would be if I were using it on a desktop (though it's a bit more difficult to use on a smaller screen, but that's the point of the phone!)

Not many people like windows mobile, but I find it an excellent and versatile OS that allows you to do many things without paying an extra cent for another program. It has it's slow days, but really, I like windows mobile.

Maddog316

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
If anything it possible the iPhone can. I think there apps for it. I haven't done it cause my comp is dead but this thing(iPhone) is amazing and I held out on getting one till my samsung crapped put on me. And I wasn't an apple person either.

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
well i have now tested Logmein.com on both the palm pre and iPhone. Both of them connect to the pc and then only display a white screen. So I'm wondering if someone can verify another program to connect via phone?

shazzmoe

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
well after doing a lot more google searching I've found multiple people saying there is an app for the iPhone with logmein. I know the iPhone app is $30 and I found one for the BlackBerry Storm with an unknown price.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I use my XV6700 (which is pretty old) and logmein (hamachi) and VNC to connect to my computers at home. I have verizon - the data connection is solid and the VNC is always just as fast as it would be if I were using it on a desktop (though it's a bit more difficult to use on a smaller screen, but that's the point of the phone!)

Not many people like windows mobile, but I find it an excellent and versatile OS that allows you to do many things without paying an extra cent for another program. It has it's slow days, but really, I like windows mobile.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.