Remote control problems

coltzluver0228

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I was given a Toshiba flat screen 2008 model tv without a remote. I have tried 3 universal remotes, with no success and I'm unable to get them to work. What am I doing wrong?

Solution
It is possible that there is a problem with the TV. No way to tell if you don't have a working remote though, Do the universals you got have Toshiba codes? Do they have more than a few? The codes change over time especially when the brand changes hands.
Lower priced universal remotes have a limited number of IR codes programmed into them when they are manufactured.
If you use a Logitech Harmony remote it would access all the codes in their database which is pretty large.
You can sometimes get an original remote or exact replacement for the original remote online. Search for Toshiba+model number+ remote.
It is possible that there is a problem with the TV. No way to tell if you don't have a working remote though, Do the universals you got have Toshiba codes? Do they have more than a few? The codes change over time especially when the brand changes hands.
Lower priced universal remotes have a limited number of IR codes programmed into them when they are manufactured.
If you use a Logitech Harmony remote it would access all the codes in their database which is pretty large.
You can sometimes get an original remote or exact replacement for the original remote online. Search for Toshiba+model number+ remote.

Solution