Solved! Remove Norton completely from Windows 10 PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
I regret getting Norton - this PC was just built two weeks ago or so. Have read horror stories trying to get this program removed. What do I do?

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
That will delete all traces of Norton? Folders? Registry? Etc? I have read this tool doesn't work that great and a lot of people are manually deleting everything.

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
I haven't re-downloaded ccleaner since this build - and I never used the registry part of ccleaner before. How does that work? I was too nervous to ever use that feature before. Does it just recognize programs that were removed and delete associated registry files? Or am I manually choosing something within ccleaner under registry?

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

I'm going to follow a youtube vid I saw to clear Norton from my PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3qb1O4xFM

This should be all I need to do, correct? Then I guess I could always run the Norton Uninstaller tool after. I almost just want to reinstall Windows 10 even though this build is only two weeks old - but that may be over kill just for this? I also unfortunately signed in with my MS account yesterday to link my OEM product key to my account then realized I didn't want to do that. So I removed my PC device from my MS account then signed back in as a local account administrator. I noticed it saved my gmail email (MS account alias) under my Email & Accounts. I removed it. But who knows where else it stored this email, and if it changed any of my settings? Ugh...

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

Is the vid I posted comprehensive enough or should I really just reinstall Windows? I really don't want to do that but I will..

aafusc2988

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015

Would you personally reinstall Windows 10 for something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.