Removing apps from old sd card to new phone

Mar 5, 2018
I now have a new galaxy s8+ and I saved all of my games and other apps onto a sd card that was in my old galaxy s5 phone, question.. How do I get my games and other info that's on that card onto the new phone??
Thank you

Solution
You won't be able to if that card was encoded to work with the old device. Also, apps can't really be moved from one device to another via the SD card.

If the card wasn't encoded (which it will be if you made the card internal storage) then you could save all the files to the new phone, but the apps you would have to redownload through the new phone.

Now, if the data on the card was in fact encoded, then you will have to place the card back into the original device, move all the data onto the original phone and then reset the card as external storage. Then you can move files back over to the card, just not apps. Again, you would need to reinstall the apps directly on to the new device.
You won't be able to if that card was encoded to work with the old device. Also, apps can't really be moved from one device to another via the SD card.

If the card wasn't encoded (which it will be if you made the card internal storage) then you could save all the files to the new phone, but the apps you would have to redownload through the new phone.

Now, if the data on the card was in fact encoded, then you will have to place the card back into the original device, move all the data onto the original phone and then reset the card as external storage. Then you can move files back over to the card, just not apps. Again, you would need to reinstall the apps directly on to the new device.

Solution