Removing the centre of vinyl records

mickymog

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hi i have a large collection of 45,s and my wife has bought me a Juke Box. I need to remove the centre of the 45s so I can play them, does anyone know of a way to do this correctly .

Please help.

Mike

Solution
i think i might try a hole saw maybe . this may sound odd but if you try the hole saw with a drill you will probably want to run the drill in reverse as it will make for a cleaner hole .and will lessen the chance of snag . and if the hole needs to be smoothed a bit you could dress it down with sand paper or use a plumbing torch to flame polish the ruff spots . i would recommend to try this with some records that you don't care about first though as i am not sure how good this will work , but i think this is how i would go about it . if you figure out how to do this i would be curious to hear how it's done

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
i think i might try a hole saw maybe . this may sound odd but if you try the hole saw with a drill you will probably want to run the drill in reverse as it will make for a cleaner hole .and will lessen the chance of snag . and if the hole needs to be smoothed a bit you could dress it down with sand paper or use a plumbing torch to flame polish the ruff spots . i would recommend to try this with some records that you don't care about first though as i am not sure how good this will work , but i think this is how i would go about it . if you figure out how to do this i would be curious to hear how it's done

Solution

mickymog

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Hi I have been told the cutter is called a dinkle and have found and got one . It is a hole cutter for a drill but a lot better as is has a base to fix the record on as well as the cutter
. thanks for your info.

Micky M