Replace broken screen on samsung gravity smart?

Kioh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
The glass panel on my screen is broken and I can't find any sites that have details about fixing or replacing it, and I'm not keen paying almost the price for the phone to have some no-name company repair it for me. Any suggestions? :( My carrier doesn't provide insurance for prepaid phones and Samsung basically told me I'm SOL.

Kioh

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
lol nothing :( it's still broken but luckily the LCD behind the glass is still functional, although supposedly there are sometimes places in malls and such... Just look around i guess :/

ERG-COM

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
This is Phil at ERG.COM we do glass and many other parts, you’re looking at $60 for glass and $25 for labor and shipping back to you. You pay shipping to us and it takes about 7 to 12 days with mailings. You know the USPS!

1brokenanjel

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

omg cld u fix my screen i dropped it...a samsung gravity smart i cracked the screen thats it thank god the l...c....d is good how much how long....number to contact plz email is broken.anjel24@gmail.com

ERG-COM

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

We would love to help you out. We would need your model# that would be behind the battery of the phone and then we can see what we can do for you. And I had posted a misprint in the web site (ergmn.com) Thanks. Philip

seroism

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
If you're handy with fixing things, you can do it yourself. Look up the 'screen w/digitizer' replacement for your model phone. You'll probably need some 2mm wide 3m double sided adhesive film ( you can find it on Amazon ). You'll need a small Torq/Torx wrench to open your phone depending on the model. There are plenty of Youtube videos that show how to open your phone and take off the LCD and put it back together. If you provide your model phone I can probably tell you where to get the parts. I did this on my HTC Rezound with no problems.

JnArango

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
The phone I have is a Gravity Smart, like the one of the original poster.
SGH-T589. Also, like that one, in this one only the glass is broken. The LCD is intact.

Any help will be appreciated.