Replaced dc jack now my computer wont turn on correctly

IIVIIe

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016
So i the dc/ac imput on my gaming laptop went out. This was my first time soldering something. The replacement didnt go very smoothly. I didnt have a solder remover so it took forever to get the original part free and i kinda had to yank it out.
Also i cant really clean the flux off to well, i dont have any board cleaner.
at first when i put it back together some lights on the base laptop would only turn on for a second then shut off. I opened it up kinda wiped at the flux mess in the pic and reassembled it. Now it actually turns on but only the left fan and the lights above it. The screen wont turn on and the battery light indicating power stays off.
What is going on here? Anything i can do to fix it? Ty in advance i appreciate any help alot
Heres a photo http://imgur.com/BRvhZyU

Solution
Hi,

It doesn't really look good with the soldering since it may have affected other parts of the motherboard that could damage it. :( But please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by powering on the laptop with just its AC adapter and without its batter.
- Next is to try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours.
- Also do reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds the put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- If all these will not work i'm afraid you'll need to replace the motherboard itself.
Hi,

It doesn't really look good with the soldering since it may have affected other parts of the motherboard that could damage it. :( But please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by powering on the laptop with just its AC adapter and without its batter.
- Next is to try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours.
- Also do reseat the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds the put them back in making sure everything is seated properly into each slot.
- If all these will not work i'm afraid you'll need to replace the motherboard itself.

Solution

IIVIIe

Estimable
Jan 19, 2016